Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pieces of crap floating in the air and hitting you right smack in the face.

So. In life there are these pieces of crap floating around. Sometimes we step on them, we fall face first into them, we see them floating in front of us and yet we still walk and smack straight into them. Well anyway, two of these floating pieces of turds came flying towards me and I got hit without knowing what had hit me, until I realised that it was the floating pieces of crap. I was wondering if it was actually that the pieces of crap had floated too high up and had hit the fan and thus sending many small pieces of crap splattering all over the place. But since only I am affected by it, it is more correct to say that the pieces of crap had landed upon my face.

K. Rewind.

So it currently is Monday night. I am attending Eric and Lily's wedding dinner. Easing myself into the night, I had just gulped down a glass of beer, which tasted slightly watered down. Anyway. I was about to take out my phone so that I could take pictures with Alex's one year one day old son Caleb, when I saw that I had received an sms from my sis. It said, "You should call daddy whenever you can, he is in hospital." Please do not mind the broken English, but that was what was written. I remember exclaiming to nobody in particular, "What!?" Then I proceeded to storm out of the waiting area to the outside, so as to have a cigarette as I called my sister up to clarify.

It turns out that my dad had some really serious back pains, which prevented him from lying down, sitting up, standing and walking. Eventually, an ambulance had to come and pick him up. Next, I called my stepmom. I asked what had happened to my father, and she asked me back, "Who tell you one?" In my mind I was going, "Like WTF? You mean you wanted to keep me from finding this out? He's my father. Goddammit!" Anyway, a new piece of information was given to me, and that is there are fluids in my father's lungs which caused him to have back pains. HUH? HUH? HUH?

I called dad, "You still alive or not?" He replies, "Ya." LOL. I got a kick out of that. He went on to verify that indeed he had fluids/liquids/water in his lungs, and that they were testing whatever they drew out from his lungs to see if it were toxic. Anyway, he said he was fine and told me to go down to the restaurant to help out. Whew. Okay, slightly more relaxed now. I then went on to enjoy dinner and down a couple more beers as necessary to ease the stress which I was under because of the entire episode.

Next morning, THE SECOND PIECE OF CRAP LANDED IN MY FACE!!!!!! Haiz. My aunt had messaged me, informing me that the doctors have ordered my mother to have injections(for diabetes) twice a day now, and she further went on to say that my mom wet her bed, and that I should find time to go look for her. ARGH!!!

I have too much on my plate right now. It truly is so very difficult to deal with all this. Go here, go there. Do this, do that. Its the right thing to do, you shouldn't not do this. I mean, I want to clear whatever stuff I am currently doing right. Sure things pile up. But how can I do everything? Honestly, I do not want to deal with my mother for now. Sounds like I am a really bad son right? Ya. It just sounds that way.

Under pressure, stressed out. I am tired and I have a few deadlines to meet. "Life sucks", this my friend never fails to remind me. Lol. How true it is.

No comments: